March 05, 2011

There must be a price paid....



I have been thinking all day on the price we must pay for things...how bead do I want it? Not long ago, I came across a talk given by Elder Gene R. Cook in which he taught the following

"Do all in your power to fulfill your part. Men falter and expect the Lord to do more than his part. It is evident in all of scripture that unless man does do all in his power, the arm of the Lord will not be revealed in his behalf.

After a man has truly sacrificed and done all in his power, God will come and save him in his time of need. As James taught us, “By works was faith made perfect.” (James 2:22).

Man must not only pay the price the Lord requires but search to understand in what currency it will be required. The sacrifice most often required by the Lord is our own personal sins. He desires us to sacrifice those to him and obtain the broken heart and contrite spirit which he requires of all men. " (Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ)

Something that catches my attention is that "...Man must not only pay the price the Lord requires but search to understand in what currency it will be required." I am willing to pay the price? Is not just paying the price for things but I must find out in what currency I required to pay it...

No comments: