August 19, 2008

Honesty is the best Policy!!!

Sometimes I wonder why our society has become so politically correct that we start jumping into the rude area. Why do I say that? Well…may be an example will demonstrate what I am trying to say.

The other day my roommate and I decided to go rock climbing. Well, there was a girl that wanted to go rock climbing and actually asked my roommate to call her whenever he was going. My roommate called her and she said she would get back to him which it never happened. Well, needless to say, we didn’t go. We them decided to go today. There was another girl that wanted to come; my roommate called her because she had talked to him earlier. Well, he left a message asking her to call back whether she was coming or not. She never called back. There were other two girls that we invited to come to which they replied they had a lot to do. Well today came around when we were leaving (to go rock climbing) they were at the pool. When we got back they were just hanging out. I am 95% sure that this was not some of their “errands” they had talked about.

You know, I will accept that this may come across as “we are two losers” that girls don’t want to do anything with but PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People!!! Just say NO! How hard is that?! Why do you have to find an excuse! Just say the truth!!! It would had been so simple for the two girls today to say “No, thanks” or for the other girl to call back and say “I can’t make it” or just plainly say “No, thanks”

I believe our society is becoming too politically correct that it is becoming so politically incorrect. What is wrong with just telling the truth? You don’t have to be rude about it! The truth can be presented nice and direct and be the truth. Those who know me well can tell you that I if I have something in my mind, I will bring it up. My experienced has been that speaking the truth has cleared many miscommunication and has made things A LOT easier for everyone

This history is repeated over and over in the dating world. People! Please, please, please!! Just be honest. If you don’t want to go on that date just say No! if nothing else, please, at least be honest with me. In my book, that makes me to respect you more.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Seeing as I know that you are not 'a loser that girls that just don't want to do anything with--' are you opposed to being lined up...? :) Hope this message finds you well and in good health!!!